What is Somatic Experiencing?
Somatic Experiencing is a body-based therapy that encourages body awareness and increases tolerance for difficult body sensations and emotions. It involves learning to track your body sensations.
Somatic Experiencing was created by Peter Levine to resolve trauma symptoms and chronic stress. It is based on watching animals recover and shake out from stressful life or death situations in the wild.
How Can It Help You?
Somatic Experiencing offers you an opportunity to:
- complete and resolve the body’s instinctual fight, flight, freeze and collapse responses in a slow supported way.
- release bound up survival energy
- shift feelings of anxiety and depression into empowerment and hope
- reset the nervous system and restore inner balance
- increase your vitality
- transform stress into resiliency
- actively engage in life